Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I suck at blogging

I think I forgot for a day or two that this even existed. Oops. I had this internal conversation the other day about the blog. I struggle with wanting to be as open as possible (because I think there are wonderful benefits to doing so) and being conscious that this is the internet and anything that gets posted is out there forever. So I don't know what to post and what not to post. Not that this has really been a big deal yet. But it's a thing in my head. An issue.

In other news, I went to Alice's Daily Practice gig tonight (technically yesterday because it's 2:25am as I'm typing this). There were not a lot of people there and we were at a table right up front. It was awesome, as usual. We had a special treat because all three members of Ripley the band were there (Alice on vocals/guitar, Shannon on drums, Chris on piano). They played "Beautiful Eyes" together, which is one of my favorite Ripley songs ever. Then Alice and Shannon did "I Wish I Was My Brother" together, which was fucking epic. I've never seen that live before. Okay, that's really all I wanted to say about that, really. Oh, and Lily, our friend from Canada was there tonight, so that was special as well. We hadn't seen her since n2n closing in Toronto.

(I am realizing that this entry, as well as the blog itself, is sort of a disjointed jumble of randomness. This is not surprising to me. It's kind of how I roll, I guess. *shrug*)

*EDIT*
After I published this I realized it would be remiss not to mention that it has been a year since n2n closed on Broadway. A very fast year. It was nice to be with people I love and to be in Alice's audience on the one year anniversary of closing. And she did "I've Been" so it was just a wonderful way to spend the evening.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you! Keep blogging. I find certain things about other people or myself should be left out or made vague but other than that I try my best to stay honest.

    And as far as last night goes I am so happy you had the comfort of friends music and AR on the 1 year anniversary

    ReplyDelete