Tuesday, January 10, 2012

City Stories: Stoops to Nuts

Tonight I went to an event at Cornelia Street Cafe. It was an event that included storytelling and music. I went because my friend Nicole was one of the storytellers. I have been to two of her storytelling events before, one at Cornelia Street Cafe. I always enjoy them. To me, they are such a uniquely New York experience. This was held in the basement of this little cafe downtown. Nicole was fantastic, as always. She really is an excellent writer, and so damn funny. Most of the stories were really great. There was a songwriter who performed named Julia Joseph. She was beautiful. I loved her voice and her songs. If it weren't for Nicole being part of these, I would probably never go, or even hear about them for that matter. I love that I live in a city where things like this take place on a regular basis. I wish I could better express what I'm feeling about this but just know that nights like this remind me (not that I really need the reminder) that I live in the greatest city in the world. I love you, New York.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for being there and for always coming out to support me. I love you and appreciate you! This city is a special place, alive with art at all times.

    ReplyDelete